Post expire 3.0.12

These are MODs already released but have had to be updated to the latest version (for whatever reason) to carry on working and installing with Automod.
Forum rules
MODs in this forum have been updated to 3.0.12 and later for any number of reasons; Author too busy/not supporting the MOD, edits etc have been posted somewhere on phpbb.com but are not being applied automatically with Automod; maybe subsilver2 has been added. Whatever the reason, it's why these MODs are here.
John

Post expire 3.0.12

Postby John » 02 Jan 2014, 09:16

This is Post expired updated for 3.0.12
The old version failed while installing with Automod

This MOD passes validation using the MPV - MOD pre validator and will install with Automod.

Code: Select all

Validation results: (Validating zip)

[ NOTICE ] Please note that all checks are done by an automated tool. In some cases a FAIL/WARNING can be valid/allowed usage of a function.

No pre-validation problems found

Report made by MPV fe8273c2a3bbe01436cf02ad0bb0e1cb3f5415d2 || MPV server: mpv.com.1

Time : 1.293s | Memory Usage: 950.44 KiB

post_expire.zip
(113.48 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

Cosmopolitan

Re: Post expire 3.0.12

Postby Cosmopolitan » 15 Jan 2014, 20:32

Hi,

I finally found some time to try to install this great mod but encountering the following problem while trying to install it by automod:

styles/prosilver/template/viewforum_body.html
Find

<li class="row<!-- IF topicrow.S_ROW_COUNT is even --> bg1<!-- ELSE --> bg2<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_GLOBAL --> global-announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_ANNOUNCE --> announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_STICKY --> sticky<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_REPORTED --> reported<!-- ENDIF -->">

Replace With

<li class="row<!-- IF topicrow.S_CHANGE_COLOUR --> bg3<!-- ELSEIF topicrow.S_ROW_COUNT is even --> bg1<!-- ELSE --> bg2<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_GLOBAL --> global-announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_ANNOUNCE --> announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_STICKY --> sticky<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_REPORTED --> reported<!-- ENDIF -->">

The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

.. I found it why but could not do anything about it.
This is how my code looks like:

<li class="row<!-- IF topicrow.S_ROW_COUNT is even --> bg1<!-- ELSE --> bg2<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_GLOBAL --> global-announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_ANNOUNCE --> announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_STICKY --> sticky<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_REPORTED --> reported<!-- ENDIF -->" onclick="window.location.href='<!-- IF topicrow.S_UNREAD_TOPIC -->{topicrow.U_NEWEST_POST}<!-- ELSE -->{topicrow.U_LAST_POST}<!-- ENDIF -->'">

I have some additional code that probably comes from some another mod.
Could you please help with this?

John

Postby John » 15 Jan 2014, 23:12

I posted here ;) Is this mod work with 3.0.12?
It should work just by replacing the first part of the code.

So this should be what you want

<li class="row<!-- IF topicrow.S_CHANGE_COLOUR --> bg3<!-- ELSEIF topicrow.S_ROW_COUNT is even --> bg1<!-- ELSE --> bg2<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_GLOBAL --> global-announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_ANNOUNCE --> announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_STICKY --> sticky<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_REPORTED --> reported<!-- ENDIF -->">" onclick="window.location.href='<!-- IF topicrow.S_UNREAD_TOPIC -->{topicrow.U_NEWEST_POST}<!-- ELSE -->{topicrow.U_LAST_POST}<!-- ENDIF -->'">

Backup the file first :)

Cosmopolitan

Postby Cosmopolitan » 16 Jan 2014, 09:00

Thanks.
One more question before I start whit the action.
I have those lines that say: Copy not attempted
Should I copy the files manually or I should not?

John

Postby John » 16 Jan 2014, 09:09

Here's how I do this sort of thing :)
First, backup the files that will be changed, you do this by looking at the install.xml file - so these ones

posting.php
viewforum.php
viewtopic.php
includes/functions_display.php
includes/functions_posting.php
language/en/acp/common.php
styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
styles/prosilver/template/posting_editor.html
styles/prosilver/template/viewforum_body.html
styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html

Cosmopolitan wrote:I have those lines that say: Copy not attempted

For this, you can see where it failed (the error above) so change that manually - all the rest passes, which means you can go ahead and force the install with automod because you know you have corrected the fail(s)

Run the installer too, refresh everything and check to see if it works. It should as you corrected the fail.

Cosmopolitan

Postby Cosmopolitan » 19 Jan 2014, 18:06

Hi,

I performed the installation manually just in case and placed your suggestion of code in styles/prosilver/template/viewforum_body.html
The installation was successful but when I want to create a new topic or reply to any topic I get white screen.
My topics are also not clickable anymore (forums still are) and this code appears above every topic: " onclick="window.location.href='./viewtopic.php?f=543&t=972&p=2882#p2882'">

I am sending you a print screen.
What do you suggest me to try to change in this code because I think the problem comes from this code:

<li class="row<!-- IF topicrow.S_CHANGE_COLOUR --> bg3<!-- ELSEIF topicrow.S_ROW_COUNT is even --> bg1<!-- ELSE --> bg2<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_GLOBAL --> global-announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_ANNOUNCE --> announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_STICKY --> sticky<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_REPORTED --> reported<!-- ENDIF -->">" onclick="window.location.href='<!-- IF topicrow.S_UNREAD_TOPIC -->{topicrow.U_NEWEST_POST}<!-- ELSE -->{topicrow.U_LAST_POST}<!-- ENDIF -->'">

PS. I think this problem happens because of the mod "Clickable forums and rows" but I am not sure.
Attachments
c.PNG
c.PNG (27.13 KiB) Viewed 11759 times

John

Postby John » 19 Jan 2014, 18:21

Try this instead

<li class="row<!-- IF topicrow.S_CHANGE_COLOUR --> bg3<!-- ELSEIF topicrow.S_ROW_COUNT is even --> bg1<!-- ELSE --> bg2<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_GLOBAL --> global-announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_ANNOUNCE --> announce<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_POST_STICKY --> sticky<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_REPORTED --> reported<!-- ENDIF -->" onclick="window.location.href='<!-- IF topicrow.S_UNREAD_TOPIC -->{topicrow.U_NEWEST_POST}<!-- ELSE -->{topicrow.U_LAST_POST}<!-- ENDIF -->'">

Refresh templates, hopefully that should do it.

Cosmopolitan

Postby Cosmopolitan » 19 Jan 2014, 19:49

I just tried it.
The links on the topics disappeared but I still get white pages when trying to create a new topic or reply to posts.

Once I had white pages problem when I installed one mod but didn't save the files to UTF-8.
All of the files are saved to UTF-8 now but no success.

May I send you the edited files in a private message or you suggest me to try it again but with Automod?

If I do it by Automod should I do it by these steps:
1) Upload the mode by Automod
2) Try to install and see that there are problems
3) Correct the problems manually and upload the root folder to my root on the server
4) Force install by Automod
5) Run install file from the install folder
6) Delete the install folder

PS. I have a beckup board so I will upload it to the server and it will be like I did not try to install anything

John

Postby John » 19 Jan 2014, 21:04

As I said, I install with automod, if it fails I do the fail edits manually and then force the install with automod, this way I know the fails are ok - no need to upload the root folder, automod does this.

Check language files that you've edited, you might have a BOM in one which causes white screens.

Cosmopolitan

Postby Cosmopolitan » 19 Jan 2014, 21:45

I did everything you had said:

1) Uploaded the mod by Automod (zipped file)
2) Tried to install and spotted one problem (the one that happens in viewforum_body.html)
3) Manually made the correction
4) Forced the install with Automod and deleted the install folder

I can log in to CP and can see the board index but when I am trying to get into forums I get the error below:
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (19.61 KiB) Viewed 11748 times

John

Postby John » 19 Jan 2014, 22:53

Did you see this?
Post Expire installed succesfully. Please delete, move or rename the install directory before you use your board.
Return to Main page.

Cosmopolitan

Postby Cosmopolitan » 19 Jan 2014, 23:15

I saw it when I installed it without Automod and ran the path that was provided by DIY. You said I had not needed to use the installation path so I just used the Automod, corrected the problematic file and forced the installation with automod.
After I forced the installation with Automod there was the link which said that I needed an external installer to finish the installation. When I clicked on it it was written that I needed to delete or remove the install folder which I did.

Cosmopolitan

Postby Cosmopolitan » 19 Jan 2014, 23:20

... or before forcing the install with automod I should have DIY i.e. run the installation path that finishes by /install/index.php?

John

Postby John » 19 Jan 2014, 23:27

I know I said you don't have to do anything manually, but you do have to click the link after installing.
so force install, click the link, then delete the install folder.

It does say to do it ;)

Unzip the Mod, upload the install folder, then run it and delete it.

Cosmopolitan

Postby Cosmopolitan » 19 Jan 2014, 23:40

I am a bit confused now.
I clicked the link that is showed in the picture and after I did it it just was written that I have to delete the install folder which I did.
That is all I did.
Let me write what I did exactly and you may see what step I am missing:
1) Uploaded the unzipped mod file with automod and tried to install
2) There was the problematic code which I manually corrected and uploaded it to my server
3) Forced the installation with automod and the link from the picture appeared
4) I clicked upon the link and saw the message that the install file needed to be deleted or removed which I did

Is there anything I am missing?

Return to “Updated MODs”